PNGCERT is the national Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) for Papua New Guinea, established to function as the national point of contact for:
- coordinating the management of national cybersecurity incident
- promoting cybersecurity situational awareness with respect to global or regional incidents
- advocating capacity building through the introduction of best practices and measures in the promotion of cybersecurity
- the coordination and collaboration with international counterparts in managing or addressing cybersecurity incidents with respect of enhancement of cybersecurity
- the overall promotion of secure systems and networks for its constituency
PNGCERT constituency covers all users of the internet ecosystem in Papua New Guinea, including individuals, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies.
Sponsorship and/or Affiliation
PNGCERT is operated by the Government of Papua New Guinea and financed through a public-private partnership arrangement.
PNGCERT is established by the Government of Papua New Guinea and is operated under the auspices of the same, centrally facilitated through the national ICT regulator, the National Information and Communication Technology Authority (NICTA); for the purposes of advocating awareness, providing advisory assistance and coordinating responses to cybersecurity incidents.