A. Incident Response
PNGCERT will coordinate the technical and organizational aspects of incidents. In particular, it will provide assistance or advice with respect to the following aspects of incident management:
A.1 Incident Triage
- Investigating whether indeed an incident occurred;
- Assessing and prioritizing the incident;
- Conducting an investigation into the incident.
A.2 Incident Coordination
- Determining the organisations involved;
- Contact the organizations to investigate the incident and take the further appropriate steps;
- Facilitate contact to other parties which can help resolve the incident;
- Generate and provide updates for users (if applicable)
A.3 Incident Resolution
- Technical assistance and analysis of compromised systems.
- Collecting statistics and evidence about incidents, that could be used for protecting against future attacks.
B. Proactive Activities
PNGCERT pro actively informs and advises its constituency on any recent and possible vulnerabilities and attacks on computer networks and infrastructure.